1. Do you know where coffee beans come from? The seeds are in these bright red berries!
2. Before the inventions of Caramel Macchiato and Espresso, coffee beans were eaten raw. African tribes mixed coffee berries with fat, which then lead to the world’s very first edible energy balls!
3. Drinking coffee can help you live a longer life. New research has shown that coffee is a rich source of antioxidants and coffee drinkers are at a lower risk of diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and heart disease. And don’t forget to exercise too!
4. The world consumes close to 1.6 billion cups of coffee every single day! And you thought you were a coffee lover.
5. Ethiopian shepherds first noticed the effects of caffeine when their goats started to behave hyperactive, jumping around after eating coffee berries. It’s not just us humans then.
6. Great news to those calorie counters out there. Drinking caffeine can help increase metabolism from 3% to 11%. Drink up!
7. Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to bathe in coffee? Well with £15, you can! The Yunessun spa resort in Hakone, Japan provides this special treat. If you think about it, coffee is a form of antioxidant. That takes the love of coffee to a whole new level…